Wednesday, June 25, 2008

" It's Been a While"

I think that's a song title! Anyway, I felt the need to write.

I was working on a drawing of a coyote and I'm stuck. I worked on it for quite a while and got to a point where I wasn't happy with it and didn't know what I needed to do to make it right. I put the drawing away for a while with the hopes something will hit me in the head and suddenly I will know how to fix it!!

I also started a drawing of a prickly pear cactus in bloom. So far so good. I saw a call to artists from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and thought I would give it a shot- mainly because I had just been there and had taken some beautiful photos of all the Cactus in bloom and knew I had to draw one of them. Shouldn't be too long before I finish.

I also recently put my name in for a Co-Op Gallery in town that has a very good reputation. I heard they would start jurying again near the end of August. I was told I need 6 drawings to jury in , so I better get it in gear. I really only have 3-4 that I'm really happy with right now but, I have faith I can muster up the required number before then! With my fingers crossed of course.

So many new things happening but, I like it. it's exciting. I just hope I don't make too many mistakes along the way. Wish me luck.

Till next time

No comments: