Thursday, June 4, 2009

Western Screech Owl 9.5" x 10"


Ok so I was supposed to have this finished like, a month ago! I got a very big freelance design job in - which of course is paying my bills right now. I have also been busy experimenting with acrylics and epoxy coatings so I can mount my art and seal it without having to frame. I guess it's just for no other reason than a different look and an extra added touch. I started this drawing with powdered graphite, which I am still learning and experimenting with. I like the process a lot.

I think this piece still needs some work. It looks a little flat still. I will keep working, but I hadn't posted in so long I was feeling a bit guilty!

3 comments:

m1 Designs said...

This is really beautiful work. I love the pose.

Jennie Norris said...

Thank you Maria, It was challenging to draw - They have really long hair between their feathers. Of course I didn't really notice that until I started the drawing : )

I feel really blessed to have the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum here. The Docents always have beautiful birds and owls out on the grounds that you can photograph.

Grahame Butler said...

Hi Jennie, great work as always, I keep trying to list your blog page on my site, but once its showing and I press the link it always takes me to older work, any ideas why?